Job Type: Full-time
General Summary of Duties:
- Responsible for personnel management and oversight of clinic operations.
- Responsible for the enforcement of clinic policies and procedures.
- Responsible for human resource issues, including interviewing prospective office staff, maintaining staffing schedules, and approving payroll.
- Responsible for preparing daily billing to be sent to billing company and providing any follow up that is necessary to get claims submitted and paid.
- Responsible for managing the daily operations of the office.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Office Personnel
- Oversees daily front & back-office operations. Identifies and resolves operational problems while ensuring patient satisfaction at all times.
- Supervises assigned personnel. Reconciles employee time sheets and maintains time off records.
- Assists in the recruiting, hiring, orientation, development, and evaluation of office staff.
- Maintains schedule to ensure coverage for all physician(s) and staff shifts(s), optimizing staff resources, including managing the On- call schedule and facility rounding.
- Keeps management team aware of office activity- Number of patients seen, new patients, census at facilities., attend monthly meetings with administrators and physicians to discuss KPIs and new initiatives.
- Establishes and maintains an efficient and responsive patient flow system.
- Oversees and approves office supply inventory, ensures that mail is opened and processed, and offices are opened and closed according to procedures.
- Supports and upholds established policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection control, and codes and requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Maintains records for training, and immunization requirements for the staff to meet regulatory guidelines.
- Assists and informs credentialing team with maintaining provider applications and information necessary for participating health plans. Maintains and updates practice information on payer websites.
- Maintains provider applications and credentialing information for participating health plans.
- Prepares daily bank deposit as per standardized workflow and performs end of day and monthly reconciliations.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workspace and waiting area. Responsible for the proper maintenance and functioning of the physical office
- Participates in professional development efforts to maintain knowledge of health care practices and trends.
- Schedules regular in-service programs to keep staff current to keep staff and providers current on changes in industry standards.
- Responsible for staying current with state and federal regulations which govern the clinical environment
- Maintains strict confidentiality with patient medical records and adheres to all HIPAA regulations.
- Provides coverage to front office as needed.
- Performs other related duties as directed or required.
- Knowledge of clinic policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance practices.
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding.
- Knowledge of managed care, Medicare, and Medicaid guidelines.
- Knowledge of Medical practice regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of Hedis Quality metrics/PCMH
- Skill in effective personnel management including training staff and delegating duties.
- Skill in maximizing practice revenue.
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with physicians and other staff.
- Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands in high pressure situations.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and direct the work of others.
- Ability to interpret and understand insurance benefits and reimbursement.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public.
Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of 2-5 years’ experience managing a physician practice.
- Minimum of two–five years medical office management, including billing and collections experience. Clinical education a plus (MA, LPN, RN Etc.).
- Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
- Work requires hand dexterity for office machine operation, stooping and bending to files and supplies, mobility to complete errands, or sitting for extended periods of time. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Normal office environment. May view computer screens for long periods of time.
To apply, please contact Holly Kern at email@example.com(opens in a new tab).